I finally finished her!
Pattern: Cherie Amour from knitty
Yarn: Garnstudio from Eskimo from Scandinavian Knitting Design.
Needles. 8mm for the large lace, 4.5mm for the ribbing.
Mods: Lots – mostly to the sleeves. I think I didn’t decrease for the waist either.
I stalled on the sleeves of this for a long time. I liked the lace pattern on the bottom piece, but not on the top, and I couldn’t bear the thought of two flat sleeves of that lace. So I picked up stitches from the body (there was no sleeve cap shaping any way) and made the sleeves up as I went along. If anyone’s interested I can post the mods I did.
I’m not sure the bulky yarn is that flattering on me but I love it any way.
To keep me going while I decide what big project to do next I’m doing the two toned shrug from Fitted Knits. I had to really restrain myself and make myself finish cherie before I started it. I had to go down to 4.5mm needles because the pattern calls for 20 sts per 10cm and I was getting 18 on 5mm.