My tangled yoke is done, ends are run in. I cooked the buttons this morning, and just sewed them on. I am happy, very happy. Now I just have to cross my fingers for decent light tomorrow and a willing protographer (ie Mr M). You’ll have to make do with a blocking photo for now.
I finished the knitting and grafting late Saturday evening, and I allowed myself to cast on for a new project. I’ve been dying to cast on for my handspun shetland triangle for weeks and weeks. I made myself wait until now because I was pretty sure I would get stuck in to it and the tangled yoke would get left in the dust.
I felt absurdly proud to wind the skein of merino/silk blend in to a centre pull ball.
This is where I got to mid-sunday. I’ve done quite a bit more now.
I also finished the singles of green bfl/silk for my auntie.
I started plying and it’s coming out quite fine – about 4-ply I think. The colour changes aren’t coming out like I hoped but they still look good, just different to what I expected. Now I just have to come up with some pattern suggestions to include with the present.