Posted by: Moggle | November 30, 2008

Mission Accomplished


Fibre: 70% Natural dark brown bfl 30% tencel
Fibre prep: Drumcarded twice
Spinning method: semi-worsted short forward draw
Construction: 2-ply. Overspun singles and then plied tightly
Finishing: Soaked, squeezed, whacked against the bath, then dried under tension (hung a spray-bottle on one end)
Weight: 130g
Length: 288m

I’m pretty chuffed with this. I tied the skein with some leftover fleece artist basic merino, and it looks about the same thickness. I havent swatched yet to test how it knits but I’m thinking about starting Mr M’s socks soon.
I can definitely take on another project or two now because I finished two hats this weekend. I finished a hat for my grandad in law in cascade 220. I expected the yarn to be rougher than it was somehow, and loved working with it. I want to order some for a basic cardi.

I also finished Shedir, and I’m really pleased with it. I had to really concentrate on the decrease sections, but the cable was actually reasonably easy to memorise. I managed to be able to knit most of the hat on my bus journey to and from work. This is not the best photo, because the light was bad and I don’t really want to have a photo taken of me wearing it while I’m still full of cold/flu.

I decided to cast on for the opulent raglan in my handspun. The tension is a little bit off so I’m kind of making it up as I go along.

New stock arrived for the shop and I spent most of Friday night dyeing up shetland/silk and bfl/cashmere – yum!


  1. Love the hat and the handspun looks fantastic!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: