The picture I posted a few days ago of yarn for my orgami bolero was missing a colour. I decided to spin the 6th yarn I needed. I dyed some shetland and yesterday I blended a couple of batts. These are similar to one I sold in my etsy shop a while ago as a colourway called ‘dirty jeans’ – denim blue, white and grey.
I started spinning them up last night and I’m really pleased with how it’s coming out so far – just what I want in a heathery yarn. I’m going to leave it as a single and try to full the yarn to set the twist.
It’s got me going making batts again. I love making heathery batts, but they do take a certain amount of planning and time to card. It’s worth it though so I’ve dyed up a few small batches today ready to card. I just have to wait for them to dry.
Another thing I did last night was discuss with Mr M the plans for my craft room at the new house. We are moving to an actual house out in the country (The Cotswolds) in March/April. Instead of a pokey 1 bedroom shoebox flat we will have a whole 3 bedroom house. The smallest room has been designated as my craft/work room and I’ve asked for lots of storage and a big flat bench area to dye on. It’s going to be a busy first few months of the year – we leave for Australia in a little over 4 weeks.