I think my sock yarn experiment passes the test. You can see near the cast on it did pool, but that was 70+ stitches. Once I reduced to about 66 it started to look a lot nicer. I may have wimped out of the sock design though. I decided this morning that I don’t want to be designing something as complex as a sock (or at least as complex as the sock ideas I have) on the plain, I just want to follow instructions. Luckily I came across the Tyro sock pattern on ravelry which is lace and toe-up. The short row instructions are a bit wordy, so I think I’ll just take a copy of the ones from Express lane and fit the two patterns together.
Mr M spent yesterday afternoon building me a ‘light tent’ for my shop photographs. Essentially we’re using a frame covered in white fabric and deflecting a couple of bright lights through it. It took us a while to get it working how we want it but I’m pretty pleased with the effects.
The top picture used my standard method and was taken in the daylight. The second was taken using the light tent at night. This will mean I’m not limited to taking my photos on the weekend. It should work for small FOs and yarn too!
I was also pleased with this photo of a batt I’m currently spinning up.
Mr M also took a bunch of other photos of non-fibrey objects including a shot of one of my new shoes which I got for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.
I dyed up more fibre so I will test it out fully in the next couple of nights.