I had all this past week as annual leave and I don’t go back to work until after Easter. As well as organising the house (nothing has happened yet!) I planned to spend a couple of days full-time yarn and fibre dyeing. I wanted to see how much I can do in a full day’s session, and also see if I can keep it up for a few days. I’m trying to test if I could do it full or part time, and if it would be feasable to cut down a day or two of my regular job.
I spent half of monday and most of tuesday dyeing up a storm. I dyed a whole load of yarn and fibre. I also experimented with ‘kettle’ dyeing some roving in semi-solid colours in a pot on the stove.
There’s a real mix of fibres and yarns in here – cheviot (lovely and bouncy), merino/camel, Yak/silk, bfl/nylon yarn and merino/bamboo yarn (beautifully glossy)
I also dyed up about 10 oatmeal braids.
And this is the kettle-dyed blue.
Listing on etsy seems to take ages, but I eventually got it done.
I also finished plying my merino/camel.
It’s thicker than I intended it to be – about dk weight and only 123 metres. Not technically enough for a stacked eyelet cowl, but I decided to mess about with the numbers and give it a go any way.
We went to visit some friends in Reading last night which takes an hour and a half drive each way. I’ve nearly got the cowl finished with a matter of meters of yarn left!