My lazy kate arrived last week!
I got started straight away plying the trial carder’s club fibre. Those parcels have been posted so I’ll be able to show you the yarn soon. Then I plied another test batch – this is corriedale/tencel that has been cold-dyed blue and then acid dyed blues and teals. This is it pre-plying:
I’m almost finished the body of my garter yoke cardigan. I’m getting all obsessed about sweater patterns again (and waiting impatiently for my WEBS yarn to arrive) and was thinking about making a second order that included some malabrigo worsted (possibly for an Amelia cardi by Laura Chau). However common sense got the better of me and I decided I should be able to make my own malabrigo.
I test-spun, dyed and swatched some oatmeal bfl/silk and some grey merino.
I’m particularly pleased with how the colours on the grey merino came out (blues and teal). I’m going to swatch this and see how it looks.
While blocking my partially complete garter yoke, I got bored and decided to rush in to my next sweater project. It’s the B-Side cardigan also by Laura Chau. It’s knit on 3.5mm needles, instead of the recommended 4mm for the Sublime Angora Merino I’m using. I’m getting 25 stitches per 10cm instead of 24, but I think the denser fabric will help control the floof and pilling of the loosely spun angora.
It should hopefully be a quick-ish project as it’s all in one piece to the armholes. I might try knitting the sleevees top-down and short rowing the shoulders to make it almost seamless.