As I said in yesterday’s post I finished spinning and plying the grey merino.
Fibre: My (The Thylacine) Grey Merino top in Meadowbank
Details: 100g, 2-ply construction, 11-12 wpi (roughly worsted), 142 metres
Notes: I tried to spin one ply with long repeats and one with short repeats (fractile I think?). I pre-drafted a bit to combat the stickyness of the part-felted fibre.
Overall I’m very pleased with how it came out considering I thought this fibre was a disaster a week ago. It fluffed up and spun up nicely in the end. I’m going to spin a second braid of this.
I just deleted a couple of paragraphs where I debate whether to turn this in to a shawl or a Liesl cardigan, but typing it out has made me realise that I want to make the cardi. I can either have it on display at fibrefest, or wear it if it’s cool enough.
I ran another braid gently through the drumcarder and started spinning it up.
The resulting singles remind me of Peruvia (which I have an unhealthy obsession with) and I think I will be making more batts and more yarn like this. This yarn will probably end up for sale at Fibrefest.
I finally got around to taking photos of the socks I made Mr M.
These are in Artist’s Palette Pop Sox, in colourway PS4025. I took the toe pattern from Express Lane and then added ribs again. I haven’t had any socks on the needles for a few weeks now and I’m getting a bit twitchy.
I got lots dyed today and I’m hoping the rain stays away so I can get it all dry.