Posted by: Moggle | August 3, 2009

In the face of adversity

I’m having a bit of a problem with one of my dyes. A recently purchased batch of a particular dye does not want to dissolve correctly which makes it difficult to dye evenly or mix colours. I use this dye in a load of my colour mixes and can’t use any of them for the time being.

I still have loads of fibre to dye for fibrefest. Eeeeek!

So on my second working-at-home Friday I did a lot of experimenting to create new colourways.

The results look like this:

new colours 3

Oatmeal BFL/silk, Cheviot and BFL/UK Alpaca

new colours 4

Squooshy BFL DK

new colours 2

New colourways!

My favourite is this one in both fibre (BFL/UK Alpaca) and BFL DK – Tolmans Hill.

new colours 1

I also took quite a few photos of the garden and veggies over the weekend. I’ll post them in the next few days.

Advertisements

Responses

  1. I am sorry about your dye problems; but the fiber you have in these photos is beautiful!

  2. I love the brown/orange colourway. Not something I’d normally go for, but this just looks so earthy and warming. Lovely!

  3. Nightmare! The new colourways look great though.

  4. The new efforts look beautiful to me! I especially love that one with the burst of fuschia pink…

  5. Gorgeous!

  6. these are beautiful!! i adore the colorway in the last photo as well.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: