It’s been annoying me for a while that I can’t do navajo plying. I tried it soon after I got my first wheel last year, made a big knotted mess and gave up.
While looking through a thread on Ravelry I came across a link to this video by Sarah Anderson. She mentions in the video to use well rested singles. I found some very well rested alpaca singles which I spun up almost a year ago, and tried it. I got it right straight away!
And here is the proof – please excuse the slightly crappy photo – the dark yarn didn’t show up very well in today’s weak daylight.
So I decided not to spin the polwarth for the spin-along because I don’t have a project in mind for it yet. Instead I’m spinning up yet another braid of Meadowbank and n-ply it. The singles are the finest I’ve spun yet.
I finished spinning these on Friday night, and tested them yesterday and they were still quite ‘energised’. I’m going to be patient and leave them a bit longer before I ply.
I have started on the second sleeve of my b-side cardigan and I’ve got two almost-finished pomatomus socks. I’m just putting off grafting the toes for some reason.
I dyed up a load of Oatmeal BFL/Silk and Superwash merino/seacell on Friday which should make it’s way in to the shop soon.