I’ve been feeling guilty for a while about my neglected rigid heddle loom. But a few weeks ago I had a bit of inspiration for a combination of yarns for a project, and I made time on the weekend to warp up the loom.
I seem to have lost my reed hook and threading hook in the process, but I made do with a crochet hook and a bit of wire.
I’m using Oatmeal BFL millspun for the warp and handspun oatmeal BFL/Silk for the weft.
I really like how it stripes, but they’re blended stripes. I used the fractile method to spin the fibre so one ply has long repeats and one has shorter.
The big stick shuttle is doing my head in so I’ve ordered a boat shuttle to see if I like that any better.