I’ve never really been one for project monogamy, but since finally finishing the New Lanark jumper, I’ve been project-hopping like mad.
In the end the sleeves on the blue jumper were too long, and I had to snip, unravel and shorten them by 3 inches which included re-knitting the ribbing. It is now with the recipient and he seems quite happy with it.
Since finishing and handing it over, I’ve been switching between my (non-) Puff-sleeved cardgan, the cable sock design I’ve been thinking about for ages, and swatching for new sock ideas.
The cable sock is going well. I re-charted a couple of existing 2-stitch wide cables in to one-stitch wide cables. The chart is huge and looks scary but so far seems to be working and I think the socks look good. I’m knitting them in my ‘Flinders’ merino/seacell base in ‘Blackwood’. I also intend to knit a second pair in some merino/seacell handspun I made a few months ago.
Cookie A’s book ‘Sock Innovation’ finally arrived at my local library. I requested it well before Christmas. I got really inspired by a particular cable featured in one pattern and couldn’t stop thinking/wondering about how it would look with some different texture/cable elements. So I started swatching in some leftover ‘Wellington Sock’ in ‘Stringybark’. The ideas for different combinations just kept coming so I kept swatching and I now have ideas for about 4 or 5 socks.
I’ve also been preparing for Wonderwool Wales. A nasty case of the flu has slowed me down a bit but I still maanged to get some dyeing done before it really hit me.