May I present to you the Non-puff-sleeved Peruvia Cardigan.
Yarn: Berroco Peruvia in Teal Green
Needle: 4.0mm Knitpro Symfonie
Mods: Knit at 18 sts instead of 22 in the pattern. Made sleeves mostly non-puffy. Added a bit of length.
In the end I did all sorts of jiggery-pokery to get this pattern and yarn to work together. I followed the instructions for the second size (can’t remember now if it was 34″ or 36″), apart from the ones for the puffy sleeves, up until separating the sleeves from the body. After that I have all sorts of numbers written on my copy of the pattern, but I’m not really sure exactly what I did. It all seemed to work though. I’m quite pleased with the results – I should be able to wear this for a couple more months while the weather warms up a bit.
Once again I knit with no ease for bust, planning to mostly wear the cardi only buttoned half way up, as I’m wearing it in the photo at the top. This should be good for wearing in the office as it gets warmer, but everyone else still insists on having the heating cranked up to full.
The yarn is really, really, beautiful with all the variation in colour I try to achieve in my blended batts and more. There are so many other shades of green and blue-green in there as well as the dominant teal. It’s a single ply so I had to be more careful than usual not to poke my needle through the ply and to watch out when doing decreases, but overall it didn’t give me too much trouble. I really wish this yarn was easier to get over here in the UK! It comes in so many beautiful colours.