There’s now only 13 days till Wonderwool. Everything seems to be coming together, and I have a stock of items that I would be OK with, but I’d like to try to add a few more. I have one more Friday and weekend to work on that and a whole lot of braiding and labelling between now and the festival. I dyed up this grey merino/black bamboo over the weekend.
My thermal is coming along well. It’s surprisingly fast considering it’s 3mm needles. It’s just round and round and round now for about another 10 or so inches!
I finished the first of the ‘viking’ socks. I’m part way through the second and in the middle of writing up the pattern.
As if I didn’t have enough to think about already, a new design idea is trying to bash it’s way out of my brain. I saw the pictures from Kim Hargreaves’ new book ‘Misty’ late last week and as usual I only really like one or two of the patterns. ‘Arielle’ really caught my eye, and I can actually imagine knitting it in the specified yarn, milk cotton, rather than using wool instead.
I used Milk Cotton for the cardi I knitted for my nephew and was surprised at how nice it was to knit with. However £17 is a lot for a pattern book with only one pattern I like. So I will probably hassle my local library to get a copy of the book and knit the pattern eventually. The design idea is to make something with a similar shape but perhaps a raglan construction, and in wool with 3/4 sleeves. I swatched last night and I’m waiting for it to dry before I decide if I’m going to go ahead with it.
I’ll keep you posted.